The Marching Contest
W. T. Barrett Stadium
- This marching show starts from the South end of the field with the
drum line coming out from the end zone followed by the rest of the band
coming from the side lines. The band is lead by two drum majors, six
majorettes, ten flag barriers for a total 146 bandsmen on the field.
- The band starts with the Tommy Fry Fanfare. The band goes right into
a counter march on the 40 yard line and from the South goal line back to
the 40 yard line. Playing "Garland Entree" March.
- Next the band does a backward step drill where in three counts the
whole band converts to diagonal lines. They are playing Invictus by Karl
King. This followed by a step two drills.
- The band then evolves into a large square and the into a circle with
the flags in the center. From this formation they morph into flowers and
other circular geometric formations all the while playing "Them Basses".
- Then the band forms back into rank and file and begins a folding
pinwheel formation while playing." The Daughters of Texas March".
- Then into concert formation and they play the show tune Lover.
- Lastly they march off the side lines playing Voice of the Guns -